Tuesday 18 September 2012

Keyboard shortcut for the day – Control + B


I thought I would share with you a keyboard shortcut I use constantly which is a good time saver.  Many of you will already use keyboard shortcuts so just skip over this post if you know it all.

This shortcut works in a Word Document (which is where I draft almost all my posts) and also within the Blogger Compose window if you are drafting your Post directly in there.

If you highlight/select the words you want to be in bold and then push Control and then B (while still holding down Control) your words will be bolded – and if you do it again they will go back to the way they were.

If you don't use the Control key a lot, you can find it on most keyboards right at the bottom left labeled "Ctrl"– there are actually 2 of them – the other one is about 3/4 to the right of the space-bar on the same row.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this very helpful tip. It is very helpful to a lot of people. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very useful keyboard shortcut tip. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. I will answer questions as soon as I can.